Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Thank you for your prayers for Maki and I as we spend time
with Maki's dad, her brother Norihiko, and his son Sora.
The Bible study with Maki's dad is going well. Each time I
feel he is coming closer. He is beginning to pray on his own.
I would like to start praying with him during before and after
our Bible study. Please pray for that.



Yesterday at Bible study we talked about God's desire to give us joy -
the fullest and deepest joys available. He was really amazed how wonderfully
the Bible spoke about life and he thought what I showed him was really true.
Right now, he can't experience it for himself though. Maki gave some good
insights about how when you first start something it is hard to see how you
can enjoy it. After awhile, you start to understand and enjoy it. This really
made sense to him.
This summer, as I have some time off from part-time teaching, I would like to
help Maki's dad with his construction business. Having life-on-life time may
really help Maki's dad to see the joy and love of Christ lived out even more.
We are also praying that this would affect Norihiko too, as they work together
most days.

1 comment:

Maren said...

Hey Mark and Maki! :) I ran across your web site, I knew you had one out there . . somewhere :)

I will be praying for Maki's father and brother. :) Most of all that the Holy Spirit would search the deepest part of Maki's father and brother's hearts (1 Corinthians 2:10) and that the Lord would unveil their hearts when they turn to Him. (2 Corinthians 3:16)

Maren