Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Since ancient times no has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him. -
- Isaiah 64:4

What is your view of grace?
Do you feel that your life must produce something or else you will be punished?
Do you do ministry in your own strength to somehow "give back to God"?
Are you thankful that God did not call you to be a pastor or a missionary?
I hope your answer is "NO" to these questions. One thing I keep realizing more and more is how much God has given and how much more He was wants me to receive. I am not talking about material things, I am talking about grace! He has put me in Japan to experience His work first hand and to see Him work... around me, through me, in me and inspite of me! What a privelege it is to be under the fountain of God's work and grace. These are where I see God use my talents for His glory, and not for mine. He gets all the glory and I get all the joy. What a deal!

Let us no longer "work hard for God". Let us rather join Him where He is working and experience His love every day afresh. Let us stop trying to pay back God, which only dishonors Him, and keep being the receivers of grace and free ditributors of it for His glory and our joy. I love John Piper's quote, "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him."

What a joy it is to be in Japan and apart of God's work. We are thankful to be able to welcome others into this joy and into these blessing.

"Let him who serves serve in the strength that God provides so that in everything God may receive the glory." - 1 Peter 4:11

No comments: