Friday, March 14, 2008

Flywheel

I may be way behind the times, but I just discovered this wonderful little movie. Many have heard of "Facing the Giants", but fewer have seen the first film produced by the church from Georgia named, "Flywheel".

Now keep in mind that I am a HUGE football fan, especially of college and high school football, which Facing the Giants was all about. I also must add that I am not especially interested in the business world, which this movie is mostly about. All that to say that I thought Flywheel was a far better movie in several ways. I could see that this movie was based on real life stories and real experiences of faith in the lives of the people involved. Though there were no professional actors, each actor and actress b
rought a genuine touch of realness by their faith and true sensitivity to God. In many ways this is a "young David" type of movie: one can can see the child-like faith (and humor) that went into this first step of faith. Truly this is a movie like no other that I have ever seen. If you haven't yet seen it, please do!

Learn more here.

2 comments:

Azure said...

It is definately a movie that reaches men! My husband, who is not one to get emotional, was really touched by that movie. They did an awesome job for not using real actors too!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

My name is Monique & I'm part of the PR team for Sherwood Pictures--creators of FACING THE GIANTS.
Thank you so much for supporting the movie on your blog! We wanted to keep you informed of their latest project--FIREPROOF.
It's due to hit theaters this September in theaters nationwide. You can go to www.fireproofthemovie.com to view the trailer, read the synopsis, and sign up for updates to stay up to date with all of the FIREPROOF happenings! If you're interested in learning more or need any resource, pictures, and downloads for your blog please email me at monique@lovell-fairchild.com and I will be happy to get you what you need.

Again, thanks for blogging!
Monique
Lovell-Fairchild Communications