Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Love the Bible
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3004/2483357482_aed996f979.jpg
(Part 3 - I love... series)
Why do I love the Bible? Here are 5 reasons:

1. It is so clearly true. In every way it has proven to be the Word of God. I don't know of anything else in the whole world that is more trustworthy. What can you believe 100% of the time besides this?
2. It brings me to God. People have all sorts of spiritual experiences and methods, but none is more reliable or more fool-proof than the Bible. God promises, "Seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)
3. It shows me the path to the greatest amount of joy and love for the greatest amount of time. "In Your presence is fullness of joy and at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." (Psalm 16:11) God is not only the path, but He is the fullness of joy, love and pleasure forever.
4. It shows me that God loved me enough to show Me Himself clearly, not just generally. God doesn't just want to save me from hell, he wants to bring me into the greatest relationship of love I could ever know with Him.
5. It gives me a vision to live for. Why I am here? What should I be doing? How should I live my life? Where am I going? All of these huge important questions and more are answered in the Bible.

I encourage you to join me in reading your copy today. Just having the Bible in our own language is an amazing gift many have never experienced. Let's don't take that for granted. For us Christians, let's take time to thank God for the Bible during this Reformation Week. People gave their lives so that we could have this amazing gift!

No comments: