Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Thank God for my Family
I'm going to start a little mini-series here. Basically I want to let you in on my heart by sharing with you the things I love and am thankful for. These are in no particular order or degree of affection except to say that each of the things I love I thank God for. He is the reason - the only reason I have any good come to me. He is such a gracious and kind and forgiving God. I deserve a lot of pain for my God-neglecting ways, but all I get is mercy... unending mercy. These mercies are just a glimpse, just a tip of the iceberg, as it were.
I thank God for my wife. Where would I be without her! Probably not still in Japan. She has helped me to love Japanese people more and love life in Japan as well. She is so good with the boys - an amazing mother to our children. I praise God that she has decided to not work and instead invest in our kids!
My two boys are simply treasures to me. What amazing gifts they are. I love to spend time with them and see them start to learn and grow. I praise God for the time I have to invest in them each day.


Okay, this is just a random cute picture of my brother Doug and I, circa 1978 or so. I am so thankful for all my family. They are such great supports and sources of love, even though we do not even reside in the same continent. I am thankful for you and love you each! Thank you, God for them.

2 comments:

Doug said...

thankful for you too bro! love the pic! posted it on my blog. great idea for a blog series too!

M&M in Japan said...

Thanks, Doug!