Thursday, June 07, 2012

How I Pray each Morning
I commend this prayer to you (that I learned from John Piper). Personally, it has allowed me to focus on the things I should focus on as I approach the Bible each morning:

"I use the acrostic I. O. U. S as I come to the Bible.
I. Incline my hear to your testimonies. Psalm 119:36 (Since my heart is inclined to sleep and to work and to lots of things other than the Bible.)
O. Open my eyes to see wonders in your word. Psalm 119:18 (Since my heart is so often dull and blind to the wonders of the word.)
U. Unite my heart to fear your name. Psalm 86:11 (Since my heart is often divided and distracted in many directions)
S. Satisfy me with your steadfast love. Psalm  90:14 (Since my heart is so tempted to be satisfied in other things.)" - John Piper

I encourage you to print this off. As you begin praying this each day you will soon memorize the verses and will not the paper any more.

No comments: